Atlantic City Lyft Accident Lawyers
Results-Focused Atlantic City Lyft Accident Lawyers Can Help You Pursue Financial Recovery
Lyft and other rideshare services have become incredibly popular over the past couple of years. With Lyft, people can obtain a safe, affordable, convenient ride on-demand via their smartphone. Lyft and companies like it are often seen as a safe alternative for people to get around, such as during a night out on the town, or if a person has difficulties driving themselves. However, Lyft drivers can just as easily be involved in an accident, and with the growing number of vehicles out on the road driving for the service, it has meant increasing rates of Lyft accidents. When you are seeking compensation after being injured in a Lyft accident, turn to the Atlantic City Lyft accident lawyers of Christopher Brown Law. Our knowledgeable attorneys have developed a detailed understanding of the laws and regulations that govern Lyft and the rideshare industry.
With extensive experience in successfully handling car accident claims, our legal team can review the facts and evidence in your case to identify the party or parties responsible for the accident and help you understand your options for pursuing compensation for your injuries. Our dedicated firm is also fully prepared to go up against big corporations like Lyft and their insurers when necessary to help you pursue fair and full financial recovery.
Contact our firm for a free initial case evaluation with our Atlantic City Lyft accident lawyers to learn more about how our firm can help you through the process of pursuing compensation for your injuries and losses.
What Can You Be Compensated for after a Lyft Accident?
As with any motor vehicle accident, if you are injured by a Lyft driver, you may suffer injuries that result in financial expenses and personal loss. Our Atlantic City Lyft accident lawyers will work diligently to ensure that you are compensated for:
- Costs of medical treatment, including ER visits, doctor’s appointments, physical or occupational therapy, surgeries or other procedures, prescriptions, medical or mobility assistance equipment, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
- Lost wages or income for time that you are out of work while recovering from injuries you suffered in the Lyft accident.
- Lost earning capacity, if you suffer long-term or permanent disability that impacts your ability to return to work and earn the same level of income you did before the accident.
- Physical pain and emotional distress
- Loss of quality of life, such as due to embarrassment from physical scarring or disfigurement caused by your injuries or treatment, or due to the inability to perform daily tasks or to participate in activities you previously enjoyed.
- Property damage, such as costs to repair your car if it was hit by a Lyft driver.
How the Dedicated Personal Injury Lawyers at Christopher Brown Law Will Pursue Your Lyft Accident Case
When you’ve been injured in an accident while riding in a Lyft or that was caused by a Lyft driver, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and losses from Lyft’s insurance coverage that is mandated by state law. Lyft is required to provide insurance coverage of at least:
- $50,000 per person/$100,000 per incident of bodily injury liability coverage and $25,000 per incident of property damage liability, available when the Lyft driver is logged into the Lyft mobile application and has made themselves available for a ride request.
- $1.5 million in injury/property damage liability coverage and $1.5 million in uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, available once the Lyft driver has accepted a ride request and while the driver has a Lyft customer in the vehicle.
Unfortunately, obtaining compensation from Lyft’s insurance coverage isn’t always easy, even when the Lyft driver was clearly responsible for an accident. Lyft and its insurer may try to argue that your injuries and losses are not as extensive as you’ve claimed, that the lower coverage limits apply to your case, or that you or a party other than the Lyft driver were responsible for the accident.
At Christopher Brown Law, our experienced Atlantic City Lyft accident lawyers will thoroughly investigate the accident to recover the evidence we need to show that you are entitled to compensation from Lyft and its driver, and we will aggressively pursue fair and full compensation on your behalf through settlement or by advocating your case in court or at trial.
Contact Us for a Free Case Review to Learn More about Your Rights and Options
If you’ve been injured in a Lyft accident in Atlantic City, contact Christopher Brown Law today for a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss your legal options for seeking financial recovery for the injuries and losses you’ve suffered due to a Lyft accident.
Frequently Asked Questions about Lyft Accidents in Atlantic City
Potentially yes. If you were a passenger in a Lyft vehicle that was hit by another driver and you suffered injuries, you may be entitled to file a claim with the insurance offered by Lyft if the at-fault driver’s insurance coverage isn’t sufficient to fully compensate you for your losses (or if the at-fault driver doesn’t have insurance). Lyft is required to offer uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage as part of its insurance whenever a Lyft customer is riding as a passenger in a Lyft vehicle.
Although you might think that you have a clear-cut claim to compensation from Lyft after an accident, you might find yourself facing serious difficulties in recovering compensation. Even where Lyft’s obligation to provide compensation under their insurance policy seems clear, many injured accident victims face delays and hurdles from Lyft and their insurance providers in paying out compensation on a claim. By having experienced Atlantic City Lyft accident lawyers on your side, you’ll have knowledgeable attorneys aggressively pursuing fair and full compensation on your behalf from Lyft and the insurance company, so that you don’t have to worry about the anxiety and stress of dealing with difficult insurance adjusters and can instead stay focused on your physical recovery and on getting back to regular life after an accident.