Attorney Christopher A. Brown
- Location: Atlantic City, New Jersey
- Phone: 609-344-8270
- Fax: 609-344-8271
- Email: Email Me
Mr. Brown is board certified by the Supreme Court of New Jersey as a civil trial attorney. This is a distinction held by only 3% of the attorneys in the entire state of New Jersey. Mr. Brown is the principal member in the law firm with offices located in Atlantic City and Northfield. He is admitted to practice in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Mr. Brown is a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association, serving in the Local Government Law section. He is also a member of the Atlantic County Bar Association and the Vincent S. Haneman American Inns of Court and serves as an Arbitrator for the Superior Court in Atlantic County.
In the community, Mr. Brown is the founder and President of the Chief Arthur R. Brown, Jr. Memorial Scholarship Foundation, which has awarded over $120,000 in scholarships to local students since 1992. He is a member of the Atlantic City Chapter of the NAACP where he serves as Chairman of the Legal Redress Committee. Additionally, Mr. Brown serves in the Marine Corps Law Enforcement Foundation, VFW Post 3361, Clark-Edison American Legion Post 352 and the Atlantic City Jaycees.
Mr. Brown earned a Bachelor of Arts Degree from Rutgers University. Upon graduation, he was commissioned as a Second Lieutenant in the United States Army. He earned his law degree from Widener University School of Law, where he received the Alexander V. Sarcione, Jr. Memorial Award for academic excellence. He was awarded a Haneman-Perskie Scholarship by the Atlantic County Bar Association, and was the recipient of the 1997 Hon. Benjamin A. Rimm Award presented annually to an outstanding young attorney.
Mr. Brown served an internship with the Honorable L. Anthony Gibson, the Presiding Judge of the Chancery Division of the New Jersey Superior Court for Atlantic and Cape May Counties for the 1991-1992 court year. He also served a judicial clerkship for the 1992-93 court year with the Honorable Charles R. Previti, Judge of the New Jersey Superior Court. Mr. Brown serves as the Judge for the Municipal Court of Galloway Township. He also serves as the Solicitor for the Egg Harbor Township Planning Board, and the Estell Manor Planning/Zoning Board of Appeal
Mr. Brown served previously as the Prosecutor of Egg Harbor Township, Solicitor for Atlantic City Council, Atlantic City Board of Education, and Assistant Solicitor for Egg Harbor Township. He also served as the President and Vice-President of the Atlantic County Prosecutors Association from 1995 through 1998.
Mr. Brown is a decorated Army Veteran of the Persian Gulf War.
During Operation Desert Storm, he was attached to the 82nd Airborne Division. While serving with the 82nd Airborne Division, Mr. Brown was awarded the Bronze Star and Combat Infantryman Badge for his service while spearheading the ground offensive into Iraq.
Mr. Brown’s military awards also include the Army Commendation Medal, Army Achievement Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Southwest Asia Service Medal, Saudi Arabian Liberation of Kuwait Medal, Kuwaiti Liberation of Kuwait Medal, New Jersey Distinguished Service Medal and the New Jersey Desert Storm Medal. Also, as Commander of the 154th S&S Battalion, he was recognized as the outstanding Company grade officer (Army) in the State of New Jersey by the New Jersey National Guard Association and was awarded the Major General James F. Cantwell Award for the year 1994-95.
In 2009 Mr. Brown was once again called upon by the United States Army to serve his country in support of Iraqi freedom. During the period he was activated into service he once again honorably served his country.
Mr. Brown is married to Christine and has three children, Matthew, Daniel and Mallory.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury — Plaintiff
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — Plaintiff
- Workers’ Compensation Law
Certified Legal Specialties
- Civil Trial Attorney, Supreme Court of New Jersey
- New Jersey
- Widener University School of Law, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- Honors: Alexander V. Sarcione, Jr. Memorial Award
- Rutgers University
Honors and Awards
- Haneman-Perskie Scholarship by the Atlantic County Bar Association
- Recipient of the Hon. Benjamin A. Rimm Award, 1997 – Present
- Bronze Star and Combat Infantryman Badge
- Army Commendation Medal
- Army Achievement Medal
- National Defense Service Medal
- Southwest Asia Service Medal
- Saudi Arabian Liberation of Kuwait Medal
- Kuwaiti Liberation of Kuwait Medal
- New Jersey Distinguished Service Medal
- New Jersey Desert Storm Medal
- Recognized as the outstanding Company grade officer, New Jersey National Guard Association
- Major General James F. Cantwell Award, 1994 – 1995
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Atlantic County Bar Association
- Vincent S. Haneman American Inns of Court, Member
- Superior Court in Atlantic County, Arbitrator
- Atlantic County Prosecutors Association, President, 1995 – 1998
- Atlantic County Prosecutors Association, Vice-President, 1995 – 1998
Past Employment Positions
- Egg Harbor Township Planning Board, Solicitor
- Estell Manor Planning/Zoning Board of Appeal, Solicitor
Pro Bono Activities
- President of the Chief Arthur R. Brown, Jr. Memorial Scholarship Foundation, 1992 – Present
- Member of the Atlantic City Chapter of the NAACP
- Chairman of the Legal Redress Committee, NAACP
- Marine Corps Law Enforcement Foundation